Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
ST. CATHERINE'S SCHOOL
Richmond, VA United States
Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
St. Catherine’s is on a journey to be a part of dismantling systemic racism. The School is committed to respecting, nurturing, and promoting diversity and its importance in the development of students and the well-being of the community. Our Path Forward, created this past summer, is a plan that prioritizes action and accountability in addressing inequity issues, dismantling oppression, and creating a welcoming, open, and safe community. The plan focuses on four pillars: Listening and Learning, Curricular and Community Education, Representation, and Equitable and Inclusive Campus Climate. A major component of this plan is to hire a full-time Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) will work with the administration, faculty, and students to carry out Our Path Forward and ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion are integrated throughout every aspect of the community and curriculum. In alignment with the School’s mission and core values, the Director will plan and execute new and existing organizational-wide DEI initiatives, professional development sessions, policies, and systems to foster inclusivity, diversity, and equity across campus. As a member of the senior administrative team, the Director must be a strategic leader who is passionate about DEI work and will work to strengthen and build holistic DEI strategy for St. Catherine’s.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Ability to embrace the ambiguity and opportunities for this inaugural position and to work collaboratively
with others to shape and define the role; an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Knowledge of best practices in equity and inclusion work and the requisite skillfulness to support
student and faculty growth in this area and to facilitate critical conversations in the design of more
inclusive curriculum and programs;
• The ability to articulate mission-aligned vision and strategy and the tactical skills necessary to deftly
manage the systems and processes necessary to implement strategy, thoughtfully pacing change
and engaging a wide range of stakeholders collaboratively and empathetically;
• A commitment to girls’ education and an understanding of the unique and compelling aspects of an
• An effective listener, communicator, and community-builder across diverse constituencies;
• A “teacher at heart” with a particular passion for teaching about issues related to diversity, equity,
• The confidence and humility to advocate for new ideas, invite disagreement, and welcome feedback,
engaging in challenging conversations with grace;
• A style grounded in principles and relationships.
ST. CATHERINE'S SCHOOL
A leader in girls’ education since its founding in 1890, St. Catherine’s School is deeply committed to developing strong, smart, and confident girls who are prepared for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service. With a community of 960 girls age 3 through grade 12, St. Catherine’s combines a warm and supportive learning environment with a well-rounded and challenging curriculum designed to inspire girls to develop courage, explore their passions, and expand their hearts and minds. St. Catherine’s is one of the six member Episcopal schools of Church Schools in the Diocese of Virginia. The School embraces a diversity of backgrounds, nationalities, faith traditions, experiences, and perspectives and cherishes the inclusive nature of its community.
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013