Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
San Ramon, CA United States
Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
Five9 is a leading provider of cloud software for the enterprise contact center market, bringing the power of the cloud to thousands of customers and facilitating more than three billion customer interactions annually. Since 2001, Five9 has led the cloud revolution in contact centers, helping organizations transition from legacy premise-based solutions to the cloud. Five9 provides businesses with cloud contact center software that is reliable, secure, compliant and scalable, which is designed to create exceptional customer experiences, increase agent productivity and deliver tangible business results.
Our innovative Product Development team is actively looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer. In this role, you will be building Five9’s next generation, cutting-edge contact center platform. The primary focus will be on digital channels including social media, messaging, and email. An ideal candidate for us is an experienced engineer who is passionate about building high performance web platforms and applications, a brilliant problem solver and a creative self-starter.
• Be part of an agile team to develop a scalable, highly available public cloud application, preferably Google Cloud Platform
• Participate and contribute to requirements analysis and grooming
• Understand performance and scalability principles and apply when developing software
• End-to-end feature development from UI implementation all the way through the middleware and backend platform
• Document and communicate clearly of architecture and implementation solutions
• Work closely with product managers, testers and application architects
• Troubleshoot and support current platform in production
Required Skills & Experience/Qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, M.S. degree preferred
• 5+ years of software engineering experience with Java
• Experience with large data sets and distributed computing
• Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java/Scala, Python)
• Hands-on experience with cloud computing infrastructure
• Experience with messaging and streaming platforms (Kafka/RabbitMQ/JMS/etc.)
• Self-starter, fast learner, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores)
• Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume), Flink, Spark and other Big Data frameworks
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Five9 embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Five9 is an equal opportunity employer.
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful Bishop Ranch Business Park in San Ramon, CA.
Five9 is a leading provider of cloud contact center software for the digital enterprise, bringing the power of cloud innovation to customers and facilitating more than three billion customer interactions annually. Five9 provides end-to-end solutions with omnichannel routing, analytics, WFO, and AI to increase agent productivity and deliver tangible business results. The Five9 platform is reliable, secure, compliant, and scalable; designed to create exceptional personalized customer experiences. For more information visit www.five9.com.
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013