Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Sponsored Project, Program Associate - Coordinator of Student Support Services
Normal, IL United States
Education and Library
Sponsored Project, Program Associate - Coordinator of Student Support Services
The purpose of the position of Coordinator of the TRiO/Student Support Services (SSS) program is to provide administrative and programmatic leadership for TRiO/SSS and to serve as a member of the leadership team for University College. The Coordinator works with the University College leadership team and employees of TRiO/SSS to determine, establish, and implement goals and strategic plans for TRiO/SSS. The Coordinator hires (in cooperation with the University College Director and Associate Director) and supervises employees in TRiO/SSS. The Coordinator works with multiple external campus constituencies in achieving these objectives. The Coordinator is at a comparable administrative level as (and must work cooperatively with) the other Academic Coordinators in University College.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Master's Degree (preferred in Education, College Student Personnel or related field).
2. Two years related experience in educational administration or TRiO grant programs with particular knowledge of the needs of disadvantaged students.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Successful grant writing experience and grant administration.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively make public presentations.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, communication and teamwork.
4. Ability to multi-task and produce quality work under deadlines; organizational skills; demonstrate flexibility in a changing administrative model.
5. Ability and experience working with diverse populations of students, peers, and public.
6. Working knowledge of basic office software (word processing, spreadsheets, mainframes, databases, etc.).
7. Ability to work independently and without intense supervision, but also effectively contribute to a leadership team with a learner-centered and service-oriented philosophy.
8. Demonstrated experience in working with students, faculty, departmental staff and campus administrators as well as off-campus contacts.
9. Supervisory and/or training experience.
Founded in 1857, Illinois State is a coeducational, residential university that emphasizes undergraduate study. Its six colleges offer approximately 160 undergraduate majors, 91 master’s programs, 14 doctoral degrees, and 30 certificate options. Illinois State was named a 2018 Top 100 Public University based on U.S. News & World Report rankings and has repeatedly been named a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. Illinois State works as a diverse community of scholars, educators, and staff to support our commitment to fostering a small-college atmosphere with large-university opportunities. We promote the highest academic standards in our teaching, scholarship, public service, and the connections we build among them. We devote all of our resources and energies to creating the most supportive and productive community possible to serve the citizens of Illinois and beyond. Bloomington-Normal Community: Illinois State University is located in the growing twin cities of Bloomington and Normal, with a population of approximately 125,000 and conveniently located approximately two hours from both Chicago and St. Louis. The community is home to GROWMARK, Illinois Farm Bureau, State Farm Insurance International Headquarters, Illinois Wesleyan University, Lincoln College, and Heartland Community College. The community has distinguished itself for its outstanding school systems and educational attainment, parks and recreation, health care, job growth, economic opportunity, and low crime. Forbes magazine, in a review of the best places for business, ranked Bloomington-Normal the 15th best place for business out of 168 small metros listed. Bloomington was also recently placed on CNNMoney's list of the 100 Best Places to Live. Expansion Management Magazine rated Bloomington-Normal as one of two metro areas with a five-star quality of life, giving the community high rankings in such areas as standard of living, quality of schools, traffic and commute. Please visit the Bloomington-Normal Area Convention & Visitors Bureau website at www.bloomingtonnormalcvb.org for more information. Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013