Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Controller
Azusa, CA United States
We are looking for an experienced financial controller to oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, cash management, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
* Bachelorís degree required; masterís degree preferred.
* Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
* 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
* CPA or CMA preferred
* Strong business partnership with varied levels of management
* Thorough knowledge of GAAP and fund accounting procedures
* Experience with creating financial multiple fund and consolidated statements
* Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
* Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
* Experience in cash management
* Ideally, experience in Higher Education finance management
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Oversee and direct the management of all financial planning & reporting, cash and accounting operations
* Coordinate and direct preparation of budget and financial forecasts
* Ensure the preparation and publishing of timely budget performance reports including variance analysis, and cash flow surplus, requirement, and forecast
* Develop and ensure thorough organizational monitoring and compliance to budget expectations
* Oversee all accounting including GL, Account reconciliation and Revenue Recognition
* Oversee and direct coordination and preparation of budget and financial forecasts and variance reporting
* Coordinate and review the preparation of regulatory reporting
* Research technical accounting issues for compliance
* Support month-end and year-end close process
* Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
* Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
* Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
* On-going review all financial, accounting, and cash operations of the University for optimize effiiciency and effectiveness
* Additional Controller duties as necessary
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage details and follow through
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and business partner
* Ability to assess and develop talent and build a strong team.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
* Experience with PeopleSoft and nVision would be ideal.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013