Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Head Football Coach
, PA US
Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Education and Library, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Restaurant and Food Service, Sports and Recreation, Transportation, Counseling, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Head Football Coach
Athletics & Recreation
Responsible for management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference. Specific job duties include:
1. Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
2. Conduct coaches preparation meetings and coordinate teaching procedures for members of coaching staff.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
4. Be responsible for the search, selection, and training of qualified assistant coaches with the approval of the Director of Athletics, in accordance with all proper University regulations.
5. Direct and manage assistant coaches; delegating and prioritizing administrative responsibilities, as appropriate. Be responsible for annual performance evaluations for any and all staff reporting to Head Coach.
6. Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of Bucknell University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
7. Present annual budget requirements to the Director of Athletics and be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
8. Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice, and competition.
9. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
10. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
11. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
12. Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance, and behavior.
13. Assist in enforcement of departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
14. Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the Department of Athletics and Recreation.
15. Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
16. Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the department and on campus (i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions).
17. Be responsible for all travel arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to the contest site and back to campus.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) years of prior coaching experience
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (and maintenance of certifications throughout employment)
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- Head coach experience
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
16 Jan 2019 Eastern Standard Time
Qualifications & Requirements
Please visit our employer showcase!
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013