Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: Assistant Director of Housing Services
, PA US
Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Education and Library, Information Technology, Real Estate, Restaurant and Food Service, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development
Assistant Director of Housing Services
The Assistant Director of Housing Services manages the on-campus housing process for 3,300 undergraduate residents and an off-campus population of 200. The Assistant Director coordinates policies and processes related to key distribution, room inventories, damage assessment, and general communication with the residential and off-campus population.
Reporting to the Director of Housing Services, the Assistant Director serves on a team within the Division of Student Affairs including Residential Education, Fraternity & Sorority Affairs and the First-year Experience.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
Job Duties -
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the housing assignment process for all on-campus housing (traditional-style halls, suite style, apartment-style, special interest/affinity houses including day-to-day operations).
• Serve as the primary contact for the Office of Accessibility Resources and work closely with students on housing accommodations.
• Coordinate and facilitate communication regarding opening and closing policies and procedures to students and staff and coordinate break registration and notification.
• Partner with Residential Education in educating students about housing policies, organizing chargebacks, and collecting keys.
• Assist the office in communicating the procedures for proper departure from a housing assignment or separation from the University to the student and appropriate office. This includes key collection, communication of vacancy to possible remaining student(s), etc.
• Assist the Director with all aspects of first year housing assignments.
• Communicate with University-wide colleagues regarding first-year housing.
• Work with the Director of Housing Services in analyzing complex data to compile into reports, budget forecasts, studies and other projects.
• In conjunction with the Director of Housing Services, coordinate and collaborate with Fraternity & Sorority Affairs and Residential Colleges on housing assignments.
• Coordinate, communicate, and collaborate efforts on assignment related issues with University partners such as Residential Education, Admissions, International Student Services, Office of Global Education, Athletics and Dean of Students.
• Oversee the break periods during the academic year including room inspections and documentation.
• Oversee summer housing including inspections, key collection and billing.
Department and Divisional Responsibilities:
• Represent the department and division by serving on University committees.
• Attend and actively participate in departmental and divisional staff meetings and retreats.
• Represent the department and division at University events including Open Houses.
• Maintain a high degree of visibility and availability to students, faculty and staff.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications -
• Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or a related field
• Two years of professional (post graduate) related experience
• Strong commitment to student growth and development
• Ability to work collaboratively across cultures and styles at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity & inclusion
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents including parents
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - oral and written
This position requires evening and weekend work.
Preferred Qualifications -
• Experience working with StarRez software or other housing solution products
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
11 Jan 2019 Eastern Standard Time
Qualifications & Requirements
Please visit our employer showcase!
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013