Create a Site
650,000+ Fans and Followers:
Find A Job
Job Title: AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator - Reading Partners Baltimore
Baltimore, MD United States
Education and Library, Other, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator - Reading Partners Baltimore
Interested in serving at a school site? Check out our three program opportunities below!
The AmeriCorps Literacy Lead is a direct tutoring support within our reading centers, focusing on target students in need of more individualized instruction. Our top Literacy Leads are ambassadors for service, demonstrate a passion for tutoring, and strongly believe in our vision and values.
The AmeriCorps Site Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners within our reading centers, leading the full-time program coordination, operations, and relationship development at their school. This is an exciting opportunity to work with kids, coach volunteers, build partnerships with faculty and staff, and get a hands-on approach to a literacy program that works! Reading Partners AmeriCorps offers an amazing chance to give back, and as a member you’ll receive benefits, a great place to serve, and the opportunity to springboard a glowing and growing career. Our top Site Coordinators are ambassadors for service, demonstrate a passion for improving education, and strongly believe in our vision and values.
The AmeriCorps Regional Site Coordinator is the right hand of our programming team within a given region. This role serves as a mobile coordinator to support multiple reading centers identifying trends and sharing best practices across schools, tutoring, and acting as a peer support to AmeriCorps Site Coordinators. This is an exciting opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity and get involved in a literacy program that works! Reading Partners AmeriCorps offers an amazing chance to give back and as a member you’ll receive benefits, a great place to serve, and the opportunity to springboard a glowing and growing career. Our top Regional Site Coordinators are ambassadors for service, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and strongly believe in our vision and values.
What We Offer:
- AmeriCorps members earn an annual living stipend of $17,000 along with medical, dental, and vision coverage at no cost for our members; childcare assistance is available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify. You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans. AmeriCorps members can earn an education award of $5,920 after successfully completing their service term.
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Other things you Need To Know:
- Service Terms: AmeriCorps members serve full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) from August 2018 through June 2019, and must commit to a service term of 1700 hours over an 11-month period.
- Travel: AmeriCorps members regularly travel to school sites throughout the week, and need access to reliable transportation on a daily basis. AmeriCorps members also make occasional trips to regional offices and service day events.
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Orientation: At the start of each program year, Reading Partners holds an intensive program orientation training to take a deeper dive into our program, foster relationships with regional teams, and learn the skills necessary to execute their respective AmeriCorps role.
Qualifications & Requirements
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
-Are dedicated to national and community service
-Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a term of service.
-Demonstrate a passion for working with children
-Possess a natural ability to connect with people
-Are eager for a dynamic work schedule
-Boast a deep belief in and passionately promote our mission
-Demonstrate a love for relationship building and public speaking
-Have flexibility and adaptability in both work style and work environment
-Take initiative in meeting goals and seeking professional growth
-Can problem-solve through challenges and failures
-Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
-Can quickly learn new technology systems and have a high level of comfort with MS Office, Google Apps
-Root your work in our core values
-Possess a high school diploma or GED
-Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Learn more about us at www.readingpartners.org.
Please visit our employer showcase!
Forward Job to a Friend
More Jobs From This Employer
and Powered By
Copyright © 2013